Thursday, August 30, 2012

AR Build, Optics Update

Sighting in the kitchen floor reveals the illuminated horseshoe reticule.
I chose to remove the offset reflex sight for two reasons. First, the Leatherwood CMR that I mounted works fantastically. I am really pleased with the quality and usability of this optic. I can easily acquire a target with both eyes open just like with the red dot, and even at 4X this is not discombobulating. The second reason is that the offset adds weight without benefit. The idea is that I could rapidly transition to CQB, but that would require removing the lens covers, turning it on, etc. The Leatherwood, on the other hand, functions even better as a reflex sight, with slightly less "rim" blocking the view. The only downside to the scope is that the green illuminated reticule doesn't get nearly as bright as the Bushnell. In full sun, it is basically just a regular sighting tool. However, the interior shot (above) inside with the sun shining and all lights on shows up just fine, so I think this trade off is worth it. Also, the weapon is less bulky and stores quite a bit more easily now as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment