Thursday, November 29, 2012

Survival Shotgun Build - ATI shotshell holder

Perhaps the strictest limitation on the venerable 12-gauge is limited ammunition capacity. My Mossberg 500 defender holds 5+1 - and even with the SideSaddle installed, capacity is increased to 10+1. Compare this to a .22, for example, where you can carry a couple dozen rounds in your pocket without even feeling the weight. To compensate, I have decided to add an ATI shotshell holder to the outside of my buttstock.
 The ATI kit includes the shotshell holder, six mounting screws, and a template for drilling.

 Position the template as you see fit.

 Used a nail and a hammer to mark the drill holes.

 Drill the mounting holes out with a 7/64" drill bit.

 The screws mount up easily with a regular screw-driver.

 Fully mounted. Start to finish, this took me about 7 minutes.

The finished product matches my polymer shotgun perfectly. Now, if I have to "bug out", I have 15 rounds of ammo. An excellent upgrade for a low price and easy install!

No comments:

Post a Comment